Featured Advertisers

    The Mall at Cherry Park awaits you! You'll find 26 unique stores, featuring some of the best and brightest content creators in SL! There's a free gift center, beautiful park to relax in, and more! Stop by today!
    _____________________

    At Rossini's Freestores you will always find a range of high quality items and everything is always free. Each store has its own unique range, and each range is continually changing - so visit them all, return regularly and grab anything that catches your eye.

    Cherry Park
    Moonshadow
    Odessa
    _____________________

    Come explore the world of ethnic fashion at International House of Style. Featuring clothing from India, the Middle East, Asia, North America, and Africa, with new cultures added regularly, we cater to residents around the globe. Come play with fashion and express your own ethnic style!
    _____________________

    Weekly Store Gifts

    ______________________

Followers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

End of an Era

I am not sure how many of you have heard or seen this but apparently the up coming changes to the Adult content part of SL was the straw that broke the camel's back for one great designer of fetish items, Darien Caldwell owner and creator of Dari's Haus, has shut down and released all her items into the public domain, So if that type of thing interests you, go get her items, they are great! This was posted on her blog yesterday:

End of the Road
Written by Darien Caldwell
Tuesday, 12 May 2009 17:18

I know i've said this before, but this time it's absolute. I'm closing Dari's Haus.

The true reason behind LL's adult changes has come to light.

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/05/11/congress-awaits-ftc-report-explicit-content-virtual-worlds

Now that the government is stepping in, I'm stepping out. This has become far too much. Much more than I ever signed on for. Attached is all of my items which I hold the rights to, full perms, Public Domain.

I do this so those who bought items can ensure they aren't lost to the numerous bugs which plague SL. There are a number of collar designs which I do not hold rights to, I can not give those out full perms. however, The BOxed collar loader is included so that anyone can load in scripts should something occur. As well, people can work toward improving the system after I'm gone. The items will also always be available here, on the plot many know well. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Yurim/235/87/31

There are also unreleased designs in the box, things I never got to finish, Enjoy.

P.S. The items will also be available at this 3rd party location. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Aneslasleja/62/58/2

Please Don't IM me, trying to change my mind. It's done, and over. I am not happy about this, but my own personal life and liberty trump Second Life. that's just how it has to be. I really enjoyed my years here, but I am sorry to say this must come to a close. Everyone enjoy your SL. and Goodbye.


This is a blow to SL as a major designer has packed up. Let's hope that this isn't a sign of things to come.

Oh and to my fellow blogger, Savvy, I am trying to finish the Keys hunt and as soon as I do I'll post the great mens stuff I find.


Until then Cya all on the Flip Side
Justice

No comments:

ATTENTION DESIGNERS!

Virtual Freebies is now closed. Thank you for your past contributions!

Your Bloggers

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass

Blog Archive

Page Views

Template by: Free Blog Templates