Featured Advertisers

    The Mall at Cherry Park awaits you! You'll find 26 unique stores, featuring some of the best and brightest content creators in SL! There's a free gift center, beautiful park to relax in, and more! Stop by today!
    _____________________

    At Rossini's Freestores you will always find a range of high quality items and everything is always free. Each store has its own unique range, and each range is continually changing - so visit them all, return regularly and grab anything that catches your eye.

    Cherry Park
    Moonshadow
    Odessa
    _____________________

    Come explore the world of ethnic fashion at International House of Style. Featuring clothing from India, the Middle East, Asia, North America, and Africa, with new cultures added regularly, we cater to residents around the globe. Come play with fashion and express your own ethnic style!
    _____________________

    Weekly Store Gifts

    ______________________

Followers

Friday, December 11, 2009

Partings

I rezzed on June 16, 2007. After being helped out of my newbie state, I began exploring Second Life™ and quickly fell in love with it. I quickly discovered that people actually gave away things, and just knew I had to share this news, so I began this blog.

At first, I included some of the business in a box freebies, since I didn't know any better, but quickly learned the difference between quality store freebies and business in a box freebies. My freebie collection journey continued alone until I was joined by Lorri (now showing as Sarah) more than a year later. We were joined by Claire, then Savvy. Claire returned to school and Havi joined us for several months, and there have been a few others along the way, but Savvy carried the bulk of the blog for most of this year, while I got busy with my inworld modeling career and agency management.

Hunting freebies on the grid these days can be a full-time job, and there are many other blogs doing a far better job of it than Virtual Freebies has been lately, as Savvy and I both became increasingly busy, and it's been difficult to find people to join us and carry on what was started 2-1/2 years ago.

Virtual Freebies has 43 loyal followers on blogspot, some on BlogCatalog, and even more on Bloglines. We've had 168,264 page views as of today, and there are 609 posts on this blog. It's been a fabulous run, and I've met some incredible people, designers and hunters alike, for which I'll be forever grateful.

But, with a great deal of sadness, I must announce that we've come to the end of the road. I'm allowing the virtualfreebiesblog.com domain lapse in January. I'm going to leave Virtual Freebies open at its blogspot address (http://virtual-freebies.blogspot.com) for historical purposes, and for whatever use people can get from it. Our sister blog, Virtual Fashionista, will remain open, although my posting to it will be sporadic, I'm sure.

Savvy and I want to thank all of you who have followed us. It's meant a lot, and your faithfulness kept us going at times when we just were't sure we could continue. Big hugs to all of you.

I could ramble more, but I'll close with - see you on the grid! Happy lives to all of you :)

Honey & Savvy

6 comments:

Joshooah Lovenkraft said...

Oh that's sad to hear HB & Savvy, but certainly understandable. It's really a lot of work to gather up all this information. I've often shared your blog with newbies and links with friends for many of your great finds. Thanks for all the hard work and best wishes to you!

Anonymous said...

sad but understandable. thanks a lot for the hard work you have put into the blog - you've led me to some great finds.

may you both flourish in both lives!

Loquacia Loon

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I wish not acquiesce in on it. I think warm-hearted post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

ATTENTION DESIGNERS!

Virtual Freebies is now closed. Thank you for your past contributions!

Your Bloggers

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass

Blog Archive

Page Views

Template by: Free Blog Templates